Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 269: The seagull and the squirrel

The usual late-day foray outside to look for a subject.... I walked west and noticed a seagull standing next to a bin, casting its beady eye on the squirrel perched on the rim, which was munching something it had hauled out of the rubbish. I wasn't sure if the bird was really waiting around for the squirrel, and sure enough it walked away a little while I was standing there. I moved in a little closer to the squirrel and it took off, running across the path to a bench. To my surprise the seagull ran-flapped its way over to the same bench and proceeded to take up its post again, watching the squirrel eat. I started taking some photos, edging closer all the time. Both creatures were so intent on what they were doing that they let me get quite close, and it was only when a grey squirrel moved in and decided it wanted what the black one had that either moved. I went on to look for more photographs, but came back to this one at the end of the day.

Seagull and squirrel
UBC, 16 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment