Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 268: Bike racks

I must admit that every day I ride my bike into work, I have visions of returning to it in this state or worse at the end of the day. It's an old bike, one of the first generation mountain bikes with big knobbly tyres, heavy steel frame and no suspension, and it's showing its age. I don't think I've ridden anywhere near as far as I did on my previous racing bike, which was a dream to ride (except on crappy roads, which is most of them...). But I'd still hate to see it mangled, damaged or destroyed by some thoughtless person who felt that it was okay to trash someone else's stuff. It's more the principle - don't touch, take or break stuff that doesn't belong to you. Sadly, I see far too many bikes on campus with missing wheels, buckled wheels or sometimes just a wheel still locked to the rack. I'm not sure why this bike is arranged as it is - I doubt it was the owner - but seeing as it's actually undamaged I found it funny, and it reminded me of those idiot car drivers who seem unable to position their car in a single space.

Bad parking
UBC, 15 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment