Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 265: From sea to sky

I looked up at the time and saw 3:55 pm - 20 minutes until sunset, and I don't have a picture for today. I grabbed the camera and dashed out of the office. I went straight towards the rose garden, and then down to the Museum of Anthropology to catch the light on the distant Howe Sound peaks. Last week I'd seen a floatplane flying at what appeared to be mountain-top height, and made a mental note of that as a future option. Well, welcome to the future :-) I heard and then saw a floatplane making its way into Vancouver, checked its height and noted that it was due to fly right in front of the mountain I'd been photographing. I tracked it in, exposed and focussed on the mountain and took three shots in quick succession. The caption came to me there and then: a picture filled with sea and sky, a plane in flight (in the sky), snow on the mountains (formerly sea, then sky), looking up Howe Sound where the Sea-to-Sky highway runs. All very fitting.

Sea to sky
UBC, 12 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment