Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 262: Full(ish) moon rising

Tomorrow morning is the full moon closest to the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. That's still nearly two weeks away, and the next new moon will fall just after it. Even more exciting is that there will be a total lunar eclipse. What could be a cooler photo to get today than the nearly-full moon rising over the city? A couple of years ago I'd sized up a full-moon-rise shot over Mt Seymour, capturing it nicely from Trimble Park. This time I thought I would try and have my cake and eat by watching the moon rise over the city and Mt Seymour. Well, I misjudged it and the moon rose over the city well enough, but missed the summit of Mt Seymour by some way. I was clearly too far east, and I should have stayed up near UBC. Oh well - there's always next year :-)

City moonrise
Moonrise, 9 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment