Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 258: Seagull security

Never thought I'd see a seagull on a bike... ;-)

I noticed this advert for the UBC Bike Kitchen a few weeks ago and added it to my list of things to photograph, waiting for an uninspired sunny day or a desperate rainy day to add it to the collection. I had just bought my afternoon coffee and walked out of the Student Union building, looked up and saw this. I carefully put down my coffee, pulled out the camera and reeled off a few shots (in a manner of speaking...). It's funny that the seagull was quite spooked by my presence, even though it was 20 feet up in the air above me, and almost took off in the time I spent pointing the camera in its direction. Not much of a security system, then, really.

Seagull Cycle Security Service
UBC, 5 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment